Friday 6 January 2012

////

Product Review: Nivea Protect & Bronze Sun Lotion

I purchased this Nivea sunscreen while on holiday in Europe earlier this year and since we are currently right in the middle of summer in Australia, I have finally had an opportunity to try this product out properly. 

This is a SPF 30+ sunscreen which contains UVA and UVB filters and it is water resistant. Although these are great features of a quality sunscreen, they are not the reason that I bought it. I bought the sunscreen because it claims that it 'supports skin's natural tanning' so you can get a tan while being protected at the same time. I am naturally very pasty so I thought that this would be the perfect product for me simply because I can never tan while wearing a conventional sunscreen.




Here is an extract from the back of the bottle about what this product claims to do:
"Nivea Sun Protect & Bronze sun lotion combines reliable protection and a natural looking tan. It contains a natural plant extract which helps support the skin's own melanin production for an even and natural looking tan. Melanin is produced naturally by your body and is responsible for protecting and tanning your skin." and "Contains 0% self tan"

The sunscreen is a pale yellow colour when it comes out of the bottle and it is quite runny in consistency. This makes it very easy to apply the sunscreen and spread it on your body. This product is also less greasy than your conventional sunscreen so you do not feel like you have been dipped in oil while wearing it.


This product works perfectly in protecting you from the sun and lasts around 4 hours before you need to re-apply. The only thing which was disappointing about this product is that it did not work in helping me develop a tan. Even after many long days in the Australian sun I did not develop any sign of a natural tan. On this basis, I would not purchase this product again and would just stick to the normal Nivea sunscreen because I think that they are the same.

This product is not yet available in Australia but it is available in the UK and some European countries. It retails for £14.99 for a 200ml bottle.

2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Michelle Teixeria said... 30 December 2011 at 17:25

    Oh! Too bad it didn't help you develop a tan. In your December Glossybox video you are very tan. Is it just makeup or did you use a product or were you tanning? Thanks.

  2. Unknown said... 2 January 2012 at 00:24

    Hey doll! Thanks for stopping by :) Yea I was testing out a new self tanner so that's why I am very dark in my latest video. Will be doing a review on it very soon <3

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx