Thursday 13 September 2012

////

My favorite exfoliating soap

Proactiv is a company that we have all probably heard of because they are always on TV and usually have celebrities like Katy Parry endorsing their products. As you guys know, I don't suffer from acne so Proactiv product's never appealed to me. It wasn't until I received some of their products in my Glossybox subscription that I realised that some of their products are suited for all skin types.

During the summer months I like to use a lot of fake tan products so for that reason I am always on the lookout for an effective exfoliator.

I have found that the Proactiv Cleansing Bar is a fantastic product for washing away dirt and layers of dead skin cells. I always use this product to exfoliate around my elbows and knees when I am preparing to apply fake tan. 

This product is also very effective at helping remove fake tan that has started to flake because it contains tiny exfoliating beads. The beads are not too rough so they don't irritate the skin and they are probably the reason why regular use of this product helps avoid ingrown hairs on my legs due to waxing.

Another great thing about this product is that it helps prevent body blemishes due to its 1% Salicylic Acid content. I like to use this soap a couple of times a week and have noticed that it has not made my hands dry like some other exfoliating soaps tend to do with just one use.

Overall, I think this is a fantastic body bar that does a great job in exfoliating but has the added benefit of unclogging pores and preventing body blemishes with the addition of Salicylic Acid. The only downside to this product is the price, at $20.99 this product is substantially more expensive than any other soap that I have ever purchased. Since it is so expensive I tend not to buy it often even though it is a great product.

Have you tried Proactiv products? What did you think of them?


2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Cody Rowlands said... 14 September 2012 at 10:42

    I have never tried pro active products myself because I only get the occasional spots here and there, however I have heard some negative things about pro active. 
    Ive heard that its great for getting rid/controlling your acne but once you to stop using it apparently the acne flairs up really badly. It doesn't actually clear them up.  I hope it does work for acne sufferers tho.

    http://codysfairytales.blogspot.com.au/

  2. devorelebeaumonstre. said... 19 September 2012 at 05:55

    nice!

     p.s. I'm having a giveaway from Sunglasses Shop if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx