Tuesday 22 January 2013

EOS lip balm review

Hey beauties, today I thought I would do a quick review on the the EOS (evolution of smooth) lip balm which is a product that I picked up whilst in the US late last year. I had heard a lot about these lip balms on YouTube and wanted to know what the fuss was about so I purchased one to try.



I managed to find this strawberry sorbet flavored EOS lip balm whilst at Walmart. Although, I don't know of any websites that ship these to Australia besides Ebay. I think this one cost me around $3.50 which is pretty good value as they last quite a while.

The thing that caught my eye about this product is the packaging, I thought it was pretty funky that it came shaped like an egg. The packaging also makes the product easy to apply as there is no twisting so I think this would be perfect in the summer months because I hate it when my lip balm melts and gets stuck in the tube, has that ever happened to you?

Overall, I don't think that there is anything particularly special about this product besides the cool packaging. It makes my lips feel pretty soft and smells nice, but the Nivea lip balms do exactly the same thing. 

According to the EOS website their lip balms are 95% organic, 100% natural and do not contain any of those nasty chemicals like parabens, petrolatums or phthalates. I like the fact that they also contain shea butter and vitamin E.

Given that this product is not readily available in Australia, it is unlikely that I will repurchase it as it is a bit of a hassle to get my hands on it and it is nothing spectacular compared to other products I have tried. Although, to be honest I like using this product and it does smell like lollies.

Have you tried EOS lip products? What did you think of them?

20 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Chels @ COABA said... 22 January 2013 at 09:35

    I LOVE these. I used to pick them up from addicted 2 lip balm, but now I have found the EOS website will ship to Australia, for reasonable rates if you purchase a few items :)

  2. chantel alford said... 22 January 2013 at 10:07

    Nice review. I have heard so many great things about this product but I haven't tried it yet.

  3. Gemma Rainger said... 22 January 2013 at 15:39

    I've got 3 of them because they look funky on my desk and are easy to apply while I work, but you're right that there's not really anything special about them. Except the shape if you like juggling while you think.

  4. solarride rivernik said... 23 January 2013 at 06:30

    I love eos lipbalm! It really works for me.
    But same they are not available here, so I have to pre order it :D
     

  5. Jerri Davis said... 25 January 2013 at 14:11

    I also want to try these out they should give a healty swipe of protection. Thank you. Jerri Davis

  6. Michelle Teixeira said... 29 January 2013 at 16:56

    I need to try these! I hear the lemon EOS balm is the best of the scents.

  7. Lucy Pilz said... 4 February 2013 at 10:21

    I have heard really good things about these. I am heading to New York in April, so pretty excited to shop brands not available in Australia. Shall be picking one of these up!

    Luc X

    www.love-luc.com

  8. J said... 17 September 2013 at 09:56

    How did u get them to ship to Australia! U can put ur adress in but it only ships to America!!! :(

  9. Chels @ COABA said... 17 September 2013 at 11:06

    they're not available any more, sadly. Used to ship here.

  10. Curious Charlie said... 9 March 2014 at 02:30

    I finally found these at a place in Melbourne!

  11. Brigitte Lucia said... 10 June 2014 at 18:40

    OMG where?

  12. angela said... 23 June 2014 at 17:44

    I've seen them in some clothing boutiques on brunswick st! :) x

  13. Curious Charlie said... 28 June 2014 at 01:25

    Melbourne Central. Snag Stand, go up the escalators, it's on your right, a shop that sellers random pretty things and things from ebay. It's before the 'Little Library' and they're displayed in the window. The shop is very colourful.

  14. EOS LIP BALMS KENSINGTON said... 6 December 2014 at 21:42

    EOS LIP BALMS ARE AVAILABLE IN SYDNEY PHARMACY!
    KENSINGTON PHARMACY AND NEWSAGENCY 2033
    182 ANZAC PDE
    KENSINGTON
    02 96631825
    LOT OF FAVOURITE FLAVOURS, HAND LOTIONS AVAILABLE FROM $7.99
    HAPPY TO POST AT EXTRA CHARGE ( AUST POST)
    KEEP SMILING
    EOS ROCK!

  15. Evie said... 12 December 2014 at 19:30

    Were these real EOS lipbalms? How much? And which shops? Please help me i am dying to try!!! xx

  16. Evie said... 12 December 2014 at 19:32

    Could you please tell me what the shop was called? How much they were? And were they real? Please help me i have been dying to try these for so long and me and my family are going to the city on sunday! xx

  17. unicorns~☆ said... 14 December 2014 at 19:43

    You can order them on
    crushcosmetics.com.au
    :D
    or here's the direct link:
    http://www.crushcosmetics.com.au/eos-evolution-of-smooth

  18. MEL said... 17 December 2014 at 14:41

    THEY ARE AT COSTCO

  19. Zoe said... 25 December 2014 at 12:27

    They're fake, don't get them. I got one from there, definitely fake.
    But you can get them at Costco, I got a 4 pack for about $13 there.

  20. kensington pharmacy said... 16 April 2015 at 23:54

    thanks for the wrap Judy... glad the girls left Sydney smiling!
    kensington pharmacy staffxxx

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx