Sunday 26 May 2013

Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette Review

Today I thought that I would do a review on a product which I think is perfect for someone just starting out with makeup. I first discovered Coastal Scents whilst watching YouTube videos and based on those reviews, I decided to purchase the 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette and the Warm Palette. 

I noticed that a vast majority of the reviews about this product on YouTube are sponsored so I decided to do a quick review to offer a fresh perspective and honest opinion as I paid for this product with my own money.






Personally, I don't like the Warm Palette by Coastal Scents as I found that the shades were not pigmented plus I had some of the colours fall out of the palette. However, I think that the 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette is much better quality and that's the reason it is the focus of my review today.

The palette is around 20cm wide and as the product name suggests, it contains 88 eye shadows which are about the size of a 5 cent coin. It also has a mirror and two makeup applicators. I think that the palette is great for someone who is starting out with makeup and would like to have all the colours of the rainbow at their disposal to experiment with. That's one of the reasons that I purchased this palette whilst I was a beginner. This palette retails at US $19.95 on the Coastal Scents website so it is also very affordable.

Most of the colours in this palette are well pigmented but not all are the same quality. The quality of the different colours is evident from the swatches below. Also, one thing to note is that I experience a lot of fallout when I use these eye shadows.


Overall I think that for the price you pay for this palette, it is pretty good value for money. You get lots of small eye shadows in a vast array of colours. The quality varies between the shades, but given that this palette is so affordable, I cannot complain too much. It isn't the best palette that I have purchased but that doesn't matter because it served its purpose well when I was a beginner makeup artist.

Have you tried any of Coastal Scents products? What do you think of them?

1 Reaction to this post

Add Comment
  1. Anna W said... 10 June 2013 at 06:07

    I've always heard good things about the Coastal Scent palettes and have been debating purchasing one for a long time. I love shimmer colors because they are youthful and perfect for summer and winter to catch the light, but I'm still wondering if I should go with a matte palette instead as I'll be graduating school next year and will need something more appropriate for work! Thanks for the review though it was helpful!

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx