Monday 10 February 2014

////

Review of the Lancome Advanced Genifique Serum

Hey beauties! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend. Today I wanted to talk about one of my favorite products that I have incorporated into my beauty routine lately - the Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Serum. If I could sum up this product in one word, it would be 'amazing'! It feels like liquid silk on your skin and makes your skin oh so smooth and soft immediately after application - how could I not love it?

Lancome Advanced Genifique serum anti ageing flawless glowing skin care australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger honest light myer beautiful moisturzing myer youth activating concentrate favorite works
According to the packaging, this product promises to deliver "smoother and more radiant skin that you can see and feel, with the first results in just 7 days. This innovative formula, featuring Génifique’s powerful new complex with added biotechnology-derived ingredient, is incredible to the touch." 

The product itself comes in a pretty 20ml glass bottle which feels heavy and luxurious. The lid also doubles up as a dropper and you just have to push the button in order to pull up more product - it is such a nice touch and very functional as well. The only downside I have discovered about it is once you near the end of the bottle, the dropper makes it hard to reach the last few remaining drops of product, otherwise it works perfectly.

As I mentioned above, this product feels absolutely beautiful when it is applied on the skin. I tend to use it after cleansing and toning, before my moisturiser. The serum comes as a clear white, runny consistency so it is easy to distribute on your face and in turn, a little goes a long way with it so it will last around 3 to 4 months before you need to repurchase. The serum feels very light on the skin and absorbs instantly without any greasy residue. 

I love how this product feels on my skin and actually makes me look forward to my skincare routine every evening. I only apply this product once a day (at night) but I am sure that you could use it twice if you wanted to. I love how luxurious it feels on my skin and it is so pampering! Even though I have sensitive skin, I have not experienced any sensitivities to this product so I would highly recommend it for others with sensitive skin.

In terms of whether this product has actually given me any noticeable results, this is yet to be determined. I have almost finished this bottle and am currently in the process of trying to extract every last drop of it before I have to pay a small fortune for another bottle, however in all honesty I have to say that I have not noticed any dramatic differences to my skin. Leading up to my wedding (which is coming up in less than 3 weeks!), my diet has improved and my skin has cleared up dramatically as a result but I don't think it is due to any miracle products. I think that diet plays a big part in the way your skin looks and feels so if you don't eat well then your skin shows it - it's true for me anyways! I like how soft this product makes my skin feel, but that's as far as it goes with the noticeable results. Having said that, I still love this product and am saving up for my next bottle so watch this space and I will post an update in a few months letting you know if I have noticed any other improvements.

This product retails at around $88 for a 20ml bottle at my local Myer and David Jones, so it's not exactly cheap but since I love it so much, I will be repurchasing mine very soon.

Have you tried this latest Lancome serum? What did you think of it?

2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Sarah said... 10 February 2014 at 18:21

    I've been keen to try this for ages! I'm interested to hear an update later on in the year. I know how hard it is too determine which factor is doing what to your skin, especially when you're eating healthy etc.

    Sarah | More Than Adored

  2. Phoebe Limanta said... 10 February 2014 at 18:26

    I've always wanted to try the Lancome Genefique, just because I love the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum and usually when people love the Estee Lauder, they love the Lancome too :)

    Thanks for the review doll!

    x

    Phoebe

    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx