Wednesday 12 February 2014

////

Review of the Midnight Lace Set by Sedona Lace

Hi beauties, today I thought I would do a quick review to let you know what I think about the Sedona Lace brushes from the Midnight Lace set. I thought that after a couple of months of daily use that I now have a good idea about what they are like and am finally ready to talk to you about them. 

I purchased the Midnight Lace set and the Se7ven Midnight Lace set together in order to save on shipping costs. A a review of the Se7even Midnight Lace will be up soon as well.

Sedona lace midnight lace synthetic makeup brushes pink purple large set professional australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger aussie apply affordable budget Sedona lace midnight lace synthetic makeup brushes pink purple large set professional australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger aussie apply affordable budget Sedona lace midnight lace synthetic makeup brushes pink purple large set professional australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger aussie apply affordable budget
I had heard a lot about Sedona Lace through YouTube so I was curious to see what their products were like and to compare them to Sigma's Sigmax brushes. It is hard to know whether you can trust the reviews on YouTube as a vast majority of them are sponsored (as I found out when I purchased my Sigma brush kit and was pretty disappointed with the quality even though all the reviews were super positive!). I purchased this brush set with my own money and can honestly say that they are amazing quality! 

The Midnight Lace set contains 4 brushes and looks absolutely beautiful! In the set you receive the round top powder brush, fat top powder brush, angle top powder brush and a kabuki brush. They are also beautifully packaged in a purple organza bag when you receive them along with a free gift which was a liquid eyeliner (not pictured). I love how each of the brushes is pink and dark purple at the top - it just looks so pretty in my brush collection. The brushes are all synthetic and therefore cruelty free. 

I find that the brushes work beautifully with both powder and cream products. I love using them to apply my liquid foundation and bronzer - they help me achieve a flawless finish every time. Each of the brushes is beautifully dense and to my surprise, I have experienced absolutely no shedding from them even though I have washed them several times now! They also do not bleed colour which is great to see as well as there is nothing more annoying then applying a liquid product and having the colour of the brush go on your face!

As to comparing these with the with Sigmax brushes by Sigma, I think that they are comparable quality. There is only two things that are different between the Sigmax and the Sedona Lace brushes, firstly, the Sigmax brushes are much more dense - which is good and bad in a way. It is good because they are a breeze to work with but on the other hand, they are hard to clean. Secondly, the Sigmax Brushes are more expensive - a similar set of Sigmax brushes retails at $84 USD (the only difference is that you don't get the short kabuki brush in the Sigmax set, rather you get the tapered kabuki). Other than those two things, the quality of both of the brushes is fantastic, neither of them shed any hairs and work beautifully.

Overall, I think that these Midnight Lace brush set is great value for money (This brush set retails at $49.95 USD) and contains quality brushes that you can use to create pretty much any makeup look. I would highly recommend them if you are looking for affordable and budget friendly makeup brushes. Since I live in Australia the shipping from Sedona Lace was expensive, it cost me $20 AUD for shipping. I understand that shipping is cheaper if you live in the United States. It also took over a month for my order to arrive although I note that I made my order during the busy pre-Christmas period when everything was really busy.

Have you tried Sedona Lace brushes? What do you think of them?

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment

    I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx