Monday 7 April 2014

Review of the Napoleon Cake Eyeliner Sealer

Hi beauties! Today I want to talk about one of my favorite multi-purpose products in my makeup collection - the Napoleon Perdis Eyeliner Sealer. The beauty about this product is the fact that it actually comes out clear out of the bottle so you can use it to create eyeliner in any colour you want!

Napoleon Perdis Cake Eyeliner Sealer Australian Beauty Review Ausbeautyreview blog blogger honest cosmetics makeup pretty pigment shadow eyeshadow eyes versatile product swatch
As you can see from the picture above the product comes in a small 15 ml plastic bottle that kind of resembles eye drops. Even though it looks really small, a little goes a long way with this product and it will take forever to use it all up - I have had mine for ages and still have half a bottle left! As mentioned above, the product itself is clear and has a watery consistency.

I think that the best way to use this product is with loose eye shadow products such as Mac Pigments or the Napoleon Loose Eye Dusts (of-course it can be used with normal eye shadows as well). I tend to apply a drop of the eyeliner sealer onto a small plastic dish and then I use an eyeliner brush and dip it into the sealer before dipping the brush into the loose eye shadow. I repeat the process until I have a nice paste which I can work with. I recommend for you to make sure that the paste is thick in consistency because that will make the eyeliner more pigmented when applied and will also mean that you won't need to layer the eyeliner in order to get your desired look.

I love the flexibility of being able to create an eyeliner from any loose eye shadow! This product is a must in every makeup artist's kit. Once applied the eyeliner lasts all day without smudging, flaking or going anywhere for that matter. It is also pretty waterproof, but I noticed that it started to flake when I went to the beach whilst wearing the product.

I highly recommend this product if you have a variety of loose eye shadows that you would like to wear as eyeliner. Having a couple of different eyeliner brushes also helps because the product does not come with any brushes. This product retails at around $22.00 at the Napoleon Perdis counter at my local David Jones.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment

    I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx