Wednesday 14 May 2014

////

Review of the Fresh, Sugar Lip Treatment

Hi beauties! I am pretty excited about the product which we are going to talk about today - the Fresh, Sugar Lip Treatment. 

This is a product that I picked up a couple of months ago from Sephora in Singapore - I am not aware of any places that sell it in Australia at this stage (until Sephora arrives here ofcourse!). I have been using it on a daily basis since I got it and have fallen in love!


fresh sugar rose lip treatment spf 15 australian beauty review blog blogger ausbeautyreview aussie sephora lips balm gloss tint red pink pretty cosmetics makeup beautiful soft hydrated sheer berry natural (2)
fresh sugar rose lip treatment spf 15 australian beauty review blog blogger ausbeautyreview aussie sephora lips balm gloss tint red pink pretty cosmetics makeup beautiful soft hydrated sheer berry natural swatch
fresh sugar rose lip treatment spf 15 australian beauty review blog blogger ausbeautyreview aussie sephora lips balm gloss tint red pink pretty cosmetics makeup beautiful soft hydrated sheer berry natural swatch1
This is a lovely product which is free of all the nasty chemicals such as parabens and sulfates. According to the Sephora website, this product "blends reparative oils and waxes with real sugar, a natural humectant, for delectable and dependable moisture. Sweet and tart black currant oil, rich in plumping essential fatty acids, cushions the lips while antioxidant grapeseed polyphenols and vitamins A, C, and E provide protection from wrinkle-causing free radicals. It also provides essential, year-round protection from damaging UV rays".

There are so many things that I love about this product. The packaging is nice and functional, plus it feels luxurious in your hands because it is not made out of plastic (doesn't feel like it anyway!). The lip treatment itself has a great texture and formula which feels like velvet on the lips as soon as you apply it.

As you can see from the above pictures, I have the 'Rose' one which is a beautiful rose/pink colour that looks so flattering on the lips and any skin tone for that matter! I love the fact that it is sheer but still shows the perfect amount of colour.

I find that as I wear this product, it tends to stain my lips into a rose-red colour which is a bonus. Not only that but it makes my lips feel moisturised and soft - perfect for the cold winter months!

Finally, I like the fact that this product has sunscreen built into it. There are not enough lip products with that feature these days I think.

Even though I absolutely love this product, there is one major thing holding it back - the price. This little product, even though it is awesome, retails at $22.50USD at Sephora in the states and I think that I paid around $30 Singapore dollars for it. It is not exactly affordable given that it is so small and you can buy a Nivea lip balm for around $4 at Coles. 

Regardless of the fact that it has a crazy price tag, I still love it and would highly recommend it, if you can afford it as it is truly a great little product. 

Have you tried any of the Sugar Lip Treatments? What did you think of them?  

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment

    I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx