Friday 15 August 2014

Review of the Garnier Gentle Make-up Remover Wipes

Hi Beauties! I hope that you are having a great week so far, today I will be talking about the latest makeup remover wipes that I have been trying. I am always on the lookout for effective makeup remover wipes so these Garnier ones caught my eye the other week when I saw them on special at my local Coles. Being the curious beauty blogger that I am (and the fact that I didn't want to pay full price for my favorite Neutrogena ones as they were not on special), I decided to give these a try.
Garnier gentle makeup remover wipes goodbye dry waterproof cosmetics mascara australian beauty review ausbeautyreview blog blogger aussie hoest dry combination sensitive skin face drugstore priceline cleansing
From first glance, these makeup remover wipes appeared promising - after all, the packaging says that they contain 'new thick towelettes which two does of cleaning milk and rose extract'.

Unfortunately, these makeup remover wipes didn't live up to my expectations. Even though they claim to contain "two doses" of cleaning milk, they don't feel wet enough even when you first open them! This is disappointing because they tend to feel dry on the skin even after a minute of use and therefore are not as effective at removing makeup as they could potentially have been.

I used to love Garnier makeup remover wipes but I feel that lately they have changed the formula for the worse and made the wipes really dry. It is unfortunate when companies feel the need to change products that were perfectly good to begin with and then ruin them. 

This is not the first time that I have experienced this issue with Garnier makeup remover wipes so I definitely will not be repurchasing any more of these and would not at all recommend them, even if they are selling cheap when on sale. They feel dry against my skin and don't work in removing all makeup from the skin so I see no point in wasting my money on them.

These Garnier Gentle Make-up Remover Wipes retail at $6.99 at my local Priceline.

Have you had a disappointing purchase lately? Let me know your experiences below.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment

    I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx