Friday 20 March 2015

Review of the Kerastase Elixr Ultime

Ever since I used to dye (or bleach - which ever way you want to look at it) my hair blonde, I have been on the lookout for products which would restore my hair into its former glory and stop it from being so dry. 

It is do doubt that bleach took a toll on my hair and made it much harder to maintain - all of a sudden the products that I used to use, didn't seem to cut it any more and I had to venture into unknown territory.

After hearing awesome reviews from my friends and hairdresser, I decided to invest in this Kerastase Elixr Ultime

Kerastase elixr ultime salon beautifying luxury oil hair beautiful ausbeautyreview australian beauty review blog blogger gold (2)Kerastase elixr ultime salon beautifying luxury oil hair beautiful ausbeautyreview australian beauty review blog blogger gold hydrating damaged
It is on the pricey side of the hair care scale (it retails at $55.00 for a 125ml bottle) but I found it a little cheaper online so I thought I would take the risk.

If there was just one word to describe this product it would be 'amazing'!

This little beauty not only smells amazing - and the scent actually lingers in your hair for a while, but it makes my hair feel wonderful! It instantly transforms my dry, brittle stands into feeling soft and healthy. It also gives a beautiful hint of shine to your hair as well.

I love to apply it onto damp hair but I find that it works just as well when applied to dry hair as well. Depending on the length of you hair, one to two pumps will do the trick, so this product will actually last a good while before you have to repurchase.

Overall, I have been really impressed with this product and absolutely love having it as part of my hair care routine. Unlike some other hair oils, this one doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy - instead, it leaves my hair feeling smooth and more manageable at the same time.

Obviously, the only downside about this product has to be the price, but I think that it is worth spoiling yourself with a fabulous product once in a while.

This is my very first Kerastase product that I have tried, if there are any others that you ladies recommend, please let me know in the comments below.

2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. blogrekindled said... 21 March 2015 at 11:43

    I love all my Kerastase products so much but I am in the process of converting all my beauty products to cruelty free options. I still have some of my Kerastase products left but will be sad when I can't repurchase :-(

  2. Alyson said... 11 April 2015 at 18:31

    Based on your recommendation I am going to try this product thanks for the review

Post a Comment

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as I often reply :) If you wish to ask me anything inparticular and want to guartuntee a quicker response then you can always tweet me (@Billi_Lilli) and send me an email! Thank you for all of your support xx